A Homecoming to the Glen September 25, 2005 -
It has been 24 years since the last open wheel series race at the Watkins Glen International Speedway. Watkins Glen is a place where history and motorsports are intertwined. Open wheel racing started in 1948 at the Glen when a Cornell student convinced the local Chamber of Commerce to organize races around the local area on the streets. It was this same ambitious college student, Cameron Argetsinger, who was the grand marshal at this years 60 lap race. The winner of each race will be awarded a replica of a trophy named the “Cameron R. Argetsinger Trophy.” Every year the winners name will be added to the original trophy.